Fixed-wing: Mapping and point cloud data for assets such as landfills, levees, utility right-of-ways, etc.
Multi-rotor: Live inspection of assets such as dams, towers, smokestacks, etc. High-definition video footage that facilitates understanding and decision-making.
Delivery: Processed data is delivered in days, not months. Data delivered for one price:
• Survey-grade dense point clouds using overlapping digital images
• Traditional geospatial products:
• Digital surface and terrain models
• 3D TIM models
Accuracy: Meets or exceeds accuracy of imagery captured using conventional fixed-wing aircraft:
• Ground sample distances down to 1.5 cm
• Relative orthomosaic/3D model accuracy of 1-3x GSD
• Absolute horizontal/vertical accuracy down to 3/5 cm
Cost: Acquisition as much as 50% less than the cost of using a conventional fixed-wing aircraft:
• UAS cost less to buy and maintain
• UAS cost less to hire than pilots and camera operators
• Used in tandem to reduce acquisition times
• Mobilized quickly
FAA Section 333 Exemption
FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 (FMRA)
• Awarded June 2013
• Authorized to fly unmanned aircraft in the U.S.